Moments musicaux: From new discoveries to old favourites
Jeunesses Musicales Canada presents 10 virtual concerts
Montréal, August 16, 2021 – In keeping with its tradition of uncovering young talent, Jeunesses Musicales Canada (JM Canada) is launching Moments musicaux, a virtual concert series featuring 10 Canadian artists and ensembles.
Recorded at JM Canada’s André Bourbeau House and broadcast between August 20 and September 10, 2021, at 10:30am, these select 40-minute concerts will be available for free in the Media Library section of the organization’s website. People will then be able to listen to their favourite artists for a year.
These artists stood out during competitions, concerts and selection panels. “In the past year, I’ve heard artists who charmed me with their passion, interpretation and creativity. I want to support them in their journey and give them the opportunity to gain exposure,” says Danièle LeBlanc, Executive and Artistic Director.
JM Canada wanted to provide artists with professional experience through these concerts. Artists can develop their recording skills while expressing their creativity in an environment where performances in front of an audience are still few and far between and where digital technology is fast becoming a powerful ally.
Moments musicaux artists
You are invited to discover these talented artists:
• Xiaoyu Liu, piano – August 20
• Tommy Dupuis, guitar – August 23
• Klara Martel-Laroche, soprano – August 25
• Les Barocudas, Marie Nadeau-Tremblay (violin), Ryan Gallagher (viola da gamba), Charles Laliberté (harpsichord) – August 27
• Antoine Malette-Chénier, harp – August 30
• Lindsay Bryden, flute – September 1
• Trio de l’Île, Uliana Drugova (violin), Dominique Beauséjour-Ostiguy (cello), Patil Harboyan (piano) – September 3
• Louis-Benoît Caron, clarinet – September 6
• Cobalt Quartet, Simon Alexandre (violin 1), Aliza Thibodeau (violin 2), Benjamin Rota (viola), François Leclerc (cello) – September 8
• Yuyang Xie, piano – September 10
About Jeunesses Musicales Canada
Jeunesses Musicales Canada (JM Canada) is a talent incubator that boosts the careers of the best emerging musicians while promoting classical music for audiences of all ages, reaching over 75,000 people every year. Today, JM Canada seasons include over 1,600 musical activities across Canada, ranging from chamber music concerts to exciting musical activities for young audiences.
– 30 –
Source: Jeunesses Musicales Canada
JM Canada thanks the Conseil des arts et des lettres du Québec for its financial support.