OPERA PRODUCTION | Opera singers and a pianist
2024-2025 Season : La Voix humaine, Poulenc, and Histoires naturelles, Ravel
CALL FOR AUDITION (in process)
We are looking for opera singers and a pianist for our opera tour for the 2024–2025 season.
The opera chosen for the 2024-2025 season is Francis Poulenc’s La voix humaine. It will be preceded by a lively recital of French melodies, including Maurice Ravel’s Histoires naturelles cycle.
The artists will participate in the Festival d’opéra de Québec, partner of our opera production, and will tour throughout Quebec and the Maritime provinces with a small technical crew. A production internship of approximately 4 weeks is planned as part of the Festival d’opéra de Québec in the summer of 2024. The tour then requires that you be available for a period of 5 to 6 consecutive weeks in the fall of 2024, which includes rehearsals.
This will give you the opportunity to experience different venues while discovering the country. All the logistics of the tour are taken care of by JM Canada.
Send your application and go on tour!
BENEFITS OF TOURING JM CANADA
The JM Canada Opera Tour is about:
• Acquiring professional artistic experience and learning about the realities of a classical music career to develop your independence
• Deepening your knowledge of yourself as an artist
• Traveling throughout Quebec and the Maritime provinces, discovering different performance venues and gaining visibility through the artistic network
• Working with leading artistic figures (director, musical director, etc.)
• Participating in the Festival d’Opéra de Québec and experiencing the opera production as a whole
• Meeting enthusiastic audiences during performances, interacting with students in mediation and giving interviews
• Benefiting from the logistics and supervision of a passionate team
• Exchanging with other young artists through a unique opportunity
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR THE OPERA AUDITIONS
• Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident
• Have a background in classical music
• Be an opera artist or pianist/coach
• Be 35 years old or younger on December 31, 2023
IMPORTANT DATES FOR THE OPERA AUDITIONS
Registration opens: June 1, 2023
Application deadline: November 1, 2023
Confirmation of selected artists: February/March 2024
Official announcement of the program: March/April 2024
Production workshop during the Festival d’opéra de Québec: June 28 to August 2, 2024 (dates to be confirmed)
Tour: October to November 2024
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Audition notice: Discover the notice
Online application: Fill out the form
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?