CALL FOR AUDITION
JM Canada is looking for a tenor singer-actor for the theatrical concert for young audiences, Jazz-Noisette.
Text: Marc Fortin
Director: Judith Pelletier
Audrée Alexandrine, soprano – Clara
Xavier Rousseau, piano – Uncle Drosselmeyer
Emmanuelle Da Silva, flute, clarinet, saxophone – Fée Dragée
It’s Christmas Eve and Clara is eagerly awaiting her uncle, who has promised to give her the multicoloured ballet slippers she so desperately wants as a gift. But instead, Uncle Drosselmeyer, a musician, magician and computer programmer, gives her a robotic nutcracker that can be programmed, deprogrammed, adjusted and readjusted and that can’t even dance ballet without crushing her toes. The classic Christmas that Clara was expecting then takes a completely jazzy turn when the rhythms go off-kilter, the music starts to swing, and everyone dances to a new beat!
Target audience: 6 to 12 years old and 3 to 5 years old
Duration of the concert: 55 minutes (or 35 minutes in a version for 3 to 5 years old)
Language of presentation: French or English
ROLE TO BE FILLED: NUTCRACKER, MOUSE KING
The desired candidate must :
- Sing both classical and jazz.
- Have the acting skills to perform the roles of the Nutcracker and the Mouse King.
- Be physically comfortable to perform some dance moves while singing.
- Be comfortable leading an audience of children in both French and English.
- Be available for rehearsal periods between late October and late November 2022.
- Be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident of Canada;
- Be in the early stages of their professional career.
The theatrical concert will be presented to schools and presenters from the end of November to mid-December 2022.
Terms of engagement are defined in the JM Canada-UDA agreement.
ADVANTAGE OF YOUTH PRODUCTIONS AT JM CANADA
- Acquire professional artistic experience and learn about the realities of a career as a musician in order to develop autonomy;
- Meet an enthusiastic young audience during performances, exchange with students in the context of mediation sessions;
- Benefit from the logistics and supervision of a passionate team;
- Develop your stage skills.
Deadline for receipt of applications: Wednesday, September 28, 2022, at 1:00 pm
Auditions: September 29, 2022
Rehearsals: late October to late November 2022
Concert presentation: late November to mid-December 2022
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Read the audition notice: AUDITION NOTICE
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Contact Aurélie Négrier, Head of Music Mediation – Young Audiences