Emerging Artists Concerts JM Canada | 2024-2025 Season
CALL FOR AUDITION (Completed)
For the auditions of our 2024-2025 Emerging Artists Tours, we are looking for classical artists and ensembles who have developed an idea for a concert aimed at the general audiences.
Emerging artists and professional musicians (between the ages of 18 and 30) are encouraged to submit a concert project through which they can communicate their love of classical music.
The choice of repertoire (approximately 80 minutes of music) should reflect the musicians’ musical qualities and have a specific thematic idea of particular interest to them. A Canadian work is required in the concert repertoire. JM Canada is looking for interesting, innovative and inclusive programs. We encourage thoughtful proposals that reach out to diverse Canadian audiences. The inclusion of under-represented or marginalized composers is recommended.
The tour will take place in Quebec and the Maritime provinces and requires that you be available for a period of 4-5 consecutive weeks. This will give you the opportunity to experience different venues while discovering the country. All the logistics of the tour are taken care of by JM Canada.
Register for auditions for upcoming tours!
BENEFITS OF JM CANADA TOURS
- Acquire professional experience and learn about the realities of a classical music career in order to develop your autonomy;
- Deepen your knowledge of yourself as an artist;
- Travel throughout Quebec and the Maritime provinces, discover different performance venues and gain visibility through the artistic network and music industry;
- Meet enthusiastic audiences during concerts and exchange with students in the context of mediation sessions;
- Benefit from support in the staging and creation of your concert while enjoying the logistics and supervision of a dedicated team;
- Take part in a video and audio recording, a photo shoot and give interviews.
SELECTION CRITERIA FOR THE AUDITIONS
- Canadian citizenship or permanent residency
- Background in classical music
- Comfortable speaking in public and commenting concerts in both official languages
- Valid driver’s license
- Between the ages of 18 and 30
IMPORTANT DATES FOR AUDITIONS
Registration opens: September 12, 2022
Application deadline: December 1, 2022
Possibility of in-person auditions in Montreal: between January 16 and February 13, 2023
Confirmation of selected artists and ensembles: February-March 2023
Official announcement of the program: Fall 2023
Launch of the tour: fall 2024
TO SUBMIT YOUR APPLICATION
Read the audition notice: AUDITION NOTICE
Fill out the online application: APPLICATION
HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?
Contact Yogane Lacombe, Head of General Audience Activities