Jeunesses Musicales Canada
Jeunesses Musicales Canada is a talent incubator that propels the careers of the best up-and-coming artists and helps broadcast classical music to audiences of all ages.
Non-profit, the organization has a dual mandate: to promote the discovery of classical music among young audiences and to support the career development of young classically trained musicians on the national scene.
Working at Jeunesses Musicales Canada means being part of a team of 12 music enthusiasts, working in the company of a multitude of talented artists and designers, taking part in the artistic and perpetual maelstrom that lives in the André-Bourbeau House of Jeunesses Musicales Canada, a historic building located directly on Mont-Royal Avenue, in the heart of the Plateau.
We are currently looking for a:
Coordinator, Reception, Ticketing and Joseph-Rouleau Hall
Your main responsibilities will be to ensure good customer service around the various musical activities of JM Canada, to supervise the schedule of the Joseph-Rouleau Hall (internal use, external rental, maintenance, repair, etc.), to manage call centers for the promotion of our school activities and to accomplish a set of administrative tasks to meet the objectives of the organization.
Reception and ticket office:
1. Reception and continued service to customers during normal office hours (resolution of submitted problems, assistance around the regulations in place, the procedures to be followed, the forms to be completed and the deadlines to be respected.);
2. Answer inquiries (by telephone, in person, and/or electronically) or direct such inquiries to the appropriate resource;
3. Submission of general information to clients and the public upon request;
4. Sorting and distribution of deliveries / mail / messages;
5. Conclusion of sale for Happy Hour Concerts and Cushion Concerts series, production of the ticketing report and cash register.
JM Canada building and Joseph-Rouleau Hall (100 seats)
1. Inventory of material and equipment;
2. Coordination with suppliers;
3. Coordination of repairs and maintenance;
4. Responsibility for the rental schedule and invoicing;
5. Coordination of the cleaning team and room technicians.
Call center management
1. Organization of the Allo JMC ! call center;
2. Preparation of telephone lists;
3. Preparation, training and supervision of volunteers;
4. Updating the database following the call centers.
1. Drafting, sending and monitoring of contracts;
2. Sending of promotional materials;
3. Calculation of production, promotional and / or educational material inventories;
4. Material management and office supply;
5. All other related tasks.
To meet this challenge, you will have completed a university degree in administration or related studies, and have two years of experience in the cultural sector. You will also have practical knowledge of concert hall management (including lighting and sound). You will have a perfect command of the Microsoft Office suite and have computer skills that make you a resource with ease in learning different software. Your written and spoken French is impeccable and you converse easily in English. Knowledge of classical music is an asset.
Honest, courteous and diplomatic, you have a friendly sense of welcome and respond to various requests with tact and good humor. You know how to exercise judgment, loyalty and discretion in all circumstances. A good communicator, you are able to work in a team and under pressure in a proactive manner. Your sense of planning, organization and priorities makes you a person who knows how to multitask. You have a great capacity for adaptation and learning. Rigorous and detail-oriented, you are familiar with the administrative reality of cultural organizations and are able to manage a heavy workload and irregular schedules.
Beginning of functions: October 18th, 2021
Full time (35 hours / week)
Competitive salary with current practices, plus fringe benefits.
Please do not call.
Please submit your application in the form of a cover letter and a curriculum vitae by October 4th, 5 p.m. to the attention of:
Ms. Danièle LeBlanc
Jeunesses Musicales Canada
305 Mont-Royal Avenue East
Montreal, QC, H2T 1P8
By email: email@example.com
Only successful candidates will be contacted. Successful candidates must be available for an interview between October 5th and 7th.