A Jeunesses Musicales of Canada project, in partnership with Canadian Heritage, through the “Youth Take Charge” program.
“Join the movement” invites young people to become a part of the movement by forming a national network of music presenters—showcasing music by and for youth!
18 committees will be formed across Canada.
The project is open to young people aged 30 and under.
The objective is to organize a music event in each community.
The project’s underlying goals are to contribute to the democratization of music, to reduce social isolation, and to develop a feeling of belonging to one’s community.
This year, the iTromboni trombone quintet will make its way to your community to enchant local audiences. The five members of iTromboni are young, proud, and ready to share a whole range of emotions with you! Better known by their nickname “The Team Canada of Trombones,” iTromboni is made up of musicians from across the country. To know more about iTromboni.
As for the committee, it will be responsible for programming the concert’s opening act. To further increase awareness of the event in your community, the committee must also ensure that the opening act is from the community itself.
The project offers...
» An iTromboni concert - musiciens fees and covers costs related to their stopover in your community free of charge;
» Promotional materials: posters and concert programs
» Ongoing support for each committee (from the musicians of iTromboni and the JMC team)
» Web tools: jmcanada.ca website, blog, Facebook
» Publicity assistance: press releases, photos, video
» An opportunity to invest oneself in one’s community
» Incredible experience of teamwork, project management, and artistic collaboration
The youth committee manages...
» Logistics required for the presentation of the concert:
- Finding a venue (performance hall) for the concert and assume the costs of the hall (not covered by the project)
- Finding a local music group for the first part of the concert
- Be responsible for any ticket sales or collections, any surplus will be reinvested in a JMC concert for the community the following year;
- Promoting the concert and handling publicity (interviews with local media) under the supervision of a member of iTromboni, and with the support of the JMC team
- Thinking up/planning promotional activities with the quintet on the day of and the evening prior to the concert.
» Project rules [Pdf 605 Ko]
» Consult Newsletter
» Press Release "Wanted" [Pdf 393 Ko]
Delphine Tremblay Martel
Phone: 514 845-4108, ext. 231
Toll free: 1 877 377-7951, ext. 231